What is Punch Corona? Punch Corona is a workout game where you get to beat up the corona virus. It uses machine learning to track your movements using your computer's camera.
Where can I find it? It's available at https://marc.ai/punch-corona/
What’s the difference between green and red viruses? Green should targets should be hit with the right hand, red with the left hand
What are the green and red semi-transparent cubes? These represent the location of your hands. As you move your hands in the real-world, the boxes should move with you. Your goal is to punch the viruses by moving the boxes.
Do the camera images get uploaded to a server? No. All processing happens locally on your computer to preserve your privacy.
It doesn’t track my hands properly. What should I do?
- The most common issue is standing too close to your webcam. Try taking 2 long strides away from your computer (you should be standing about 1.5 meters, or 5 feet from your webcam).
- Make sure that your hands aren't leaving view of the camera when extending upwards or to the side. You can either move backwards more to fix this or punch less far.
How can I test my setup? Join a game but ignore punching things for now. Try moving your hands up, down, left and right and see how well the red and green semi-transparent cubes are tracking. Also, take a look at the top right of the screen. You'll see what your camera sees as well as lines representing where it thinks your arms, eyes, and torso are. Make sure that the line to your wrist is always in-frame. You can do additional testing here.
The game runs slowly: Try hitting the "Improve Performance" button at the bottom of the screen.
There’s a lot of lag between when I move my hand and when it shows up on screen: Sorry about that. This alpha release needs a fairly powerful CPU to run the game as it needs to run both the game and a machine learning model that tracks your body movements. It's something we're working to improve. Try hitting the "Improve Performance" button to see if that helps. If it doesn't, contact me at email@example.com with a bit of info on your computer specs and I'll see what I can do.
How do I switch to a different webcam?
- In chrome, go into Settings.
- Search for camera
- Click 'Site Settings'
- Click 'Camera'
- At the top, change which camera is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Reload the game
Do I really need to punch the viruses, or can I just put my hands in front of them? Technically for now, you just need to move your hands in front of the . But that's not as satisfying as punching the corona virus and making is blow-up now is it? It's also a much better workout if you punch the viruses.
Who created the Punch Corona game? It was developed by Marc Stogaitis with the help of Mimi Sun.
- Created by Marc Stogaitis and Mimi Sun
- We'd like to thank Dan Oved, Google Creative Lab and TensorFlow.js for their contributions to open source libraries that we used in this project.
- Assets for the on-boarding flow are from https://www.freepik.com
- The song is called happyrock and is available on bensound.
Where can I learn more? There's more info in the initial blog post here. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.